Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Vocabulary

1) Stash: (verb)-To hide of store a object.

Book Example; Courage, I seemed to think, comes to us infinite quantities, like an inheritance, & by being frugal and stashing it away and letting it earn interest, we steadily increase our moral capital & preparation for that day when the account must be drawn down.(pg.40)

My Example: I ended up stashing the evidence before the cops arrived to the crime scene.

Logic-The reason I have an idea of the definition of the word stashing is because i have heard it in several occasions. 

2) Infantry:(noun)-Unit of soldiers who are trained to fight on foot with handguns.

Book Ex: "You have to head for the front & hook up with an Infantry".(pg.42)

My Ex: The Military Infantry helped detonate the bomb.

The reason I figured what the word infantry meant was because the way it was being use in the book example. It relates to the group of soldiers.

3) Decapitate:(verb)-To cut or chop off someones head.

Book Ex: after slaughter, the hogs were decapitated, split down the length of the belly, pried open..(pg.42)

My Ex: The criminal had his head decapitated after committing the crime.

The reason I figured out what decapitate meant was because , Ive heard the word decapitate in several movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment