Sunday, February 6, 2011

The 2 Things I Carry

There are many struggles and conflicts in the life cycle of a Human, Many in which involve a variety of tough obstacles. In the book of Tim O'Brien, The Things They Carried he reflects upon the emotions and obstacles he went through during his draft of the Vietnam War. He mentions many of tangible and intangible things he carried with him into combat. He carried the guilt and remorse of going into the battlefield, the fear and dread of killing another human being. Although I never been in a War or put in a tough situation were my life is on the line, I do carry many tangible and intangible items in my life as well, many tangible things I carry are pretty common items such as a cell phone. I mostly try to carry my cell phone with me at all times, its probably the most important item  that I carry in my pocket. Without a phone life would be pretty complicated. It helps me migrate from place to place, it also helps me get updated with any important information. Another tangible item that I carry is my wallet because it contains my my ID and more importantly my funds for the week. But yea those are pretty much the two tangible things I always carry. As far as the intangible items, I don't know I couldn't really think of any.

1 comment: