Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Reflection: Entry #5

Different people have various ways in maintaining a well-balanced financial lifestyle. In my opinion, school is one of the best and safest ways u can succeed in life. Although I have had a poor academic record, I still think that there is nothing better than school. It took me a lot of hard work and determination to get where I am right now, College. When I first enrolled into Fullerton Community College I was very excited and pumped up into starting school again. I had barley finished graduating from High School and it wasn’t that easy for me because I’m the type of person who easily gets distracted, so it was tough for me to keep up with assignments.
The first day of school was pretty hectic because of all the students trying to petition. Luckily, I was able to get enrolled into three classes, Read 96, Computers, and Strength Lab (P.E). I was extremely motivated to start school again, and would try to keep up with all the important assignments and I would pay attention to all the instructions. During the first couple of weeks I slowly started noticing least interest in passing my classed not because I couldn’t pass, but because it was hard for me to pay my class tuitions and buy all my books. I didn’t have a job so I couldn’t pay all my fines. So at times I would get really stressed out and I would start thinking of dropping out of school so I can get a decent job. Luckily, my dad lends me $280 to purchase all my required books, and I managed to pay off all my classes with the money I had saved in the bank. Although I had paid my all my classes I wasn’t really satisfied with my academic progress. It was very hard for me to concentrate and to study for the test because I didn’t have a Laptop for my assignments, I would always have to be borrowing my sister’s laptop to complete most of my homework assignments. When I received my FAFSA grant it made a big difference because with the money they gave me, I was able to purchase a brand new lap top of my choice. I definitely feel more motivated in continuing my education because I’m more comfortable with my Laptop. So in my opinion I think the whole laptop thing is going to improve my academic skills, I am also going to have to spend more time at school to studying rather than being outside having a good time. So I’m going to have to cut down on a lot of fun stuff, but in the end it is all going to be worth it.

Must Do:
- Power Point
- Post blog Entry#5
- Go to work on Sunday

Need To Do:
- Finish Excel #4 HW
- Finish and compete the Project
- Buy new work shoes

Would like to do:
- Hangout with friends
- Download New Music
- watch movies on Netflix.

VOCABULARY

Haphazard:-(adj.)characterized by lack of order or planning, by irregularity, or by randomness; determined by or dependent on chance; aimless.
Example; The guy made a Haphazard choice that cost him his job.

Logic; I learned this work by Logic, because Ive heard it in previous events in life.

Vociferously:-(adj.)crying out noisily; clamorous.
Example; He made a vociferously cry when the car ran me over.

Logic; this word was very easy to remember because it reminds me of voice.

Wary:(adj.)-Watchful; being on one's guard against danger.
Example; He gave me a wary look when i picked up the sledgehammer.

Logic; I had an idea of this word because it comes out in movies.

2 comments:

  1. its great that you didnt give up when you had a big reason to(money.)I can relate with the laptop frustration, I did not have my own computer aswell and I think I made that the excuse of not excelling in my classes.Its admiring though how you can have a job and still attend school. oh, congrats with your new laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey props for not giving up. getting your game face on is good bro and keeping it straight while working mad respect. Hope you get were you want to get bro congrats on the lap to.

    ReplyDelete